Saturday, July 22, 2017

DinoRAWR Terrarium



I've wanted a terrarium for a long time. Today, I finally took the time (<5 minutes) to make one.

I used fish tank rocks leftover from my husband's aquarium and bought the succulents at Michael's when they were 50% off. The dinosaur is from a previous years birthday cake. The glass container was something my mother had and was in the process of getting rid of, but I rescued it just in time.

Supplies:

  • assorted rocks (small, medium, large)
  • small rocks of a solid color
  • faux moss
  • faux succulents
  • specialty items (coral, shells, plastic dinosaur or other animal)
  • glass container

Note: Save money by purchasing small rocks meant for fish tanks instead of the expensive stuff you see at Michael's.


Instructions:

1. Layer the smaller rocks and moss.

2. Trim the stems on your succulents and press them gently into the top most rock layer.

3. Top with the larger rocks and specialty items.


Note: The wooden tray above was a find from Michael's. It was in the summer clearance for 75% off; plus, I had a coupon for 25% off total purchase, including sales items. Original price was $25, but I took it home for less than $5! Woo!


No comments:

Post a Comment