Sunday, October 2, 2016

Hello Mr. Pillow


I was browsing one of my favorite blogs one day when I noticed this...



That is just the cutest little pillow... So unique. So DIYable...

I'm not sure where she got it. I didn't ask. I just thought, "I can so make that. I have all the materials ready to go."



Materials needed: gray fabric, black felt, and white felt. Also, black and white thread. You can hand stitch or use a sewing machine like I did.

I tried to go by what I saw in the picture, and I think I got pretty close considering it was only one small picture at an angle.

I laid out all the pieces where I wanted them and pinned everything down before sewing. My stitch lines follow the outline of the pieces except for the tiny squares; I just stitched a straight line through those. For the middle, I zigzag stitched a bundle of white threads down the center then knotted a bunch of smaller pieces and hand stitched those in place. After that was done, it was just a matter of sewing on a back and stuffing it.

The result?

First Draft

Ok, so the strings were ugly. They didn't have the fluffy, hangy look of the original. I ended up cutting them off to nubs, and I think the pillow looks just as good without them.

Final Result

I keep this pillow on our couch. It's a good neck pillow for laying and watching TV. Everyone always covers their couch with huge pillows that take up all the space. You either throw them on the floor or try to rest your head on them only to end up with a crook in your neck from the sharp angle. I think smaller pillows are the way to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment